Re: Exim 1.622

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Friso Kuipers
Cc: Exim users list
Asunto: Re: Exim 1.622
On Sat, 10 May 1997, Friso Kuipers wrote:

> I just installed exim 1.622. The source came as exim-1.622-for-testing.tar.gz
> but I couldn't find anything in it refering to any testing whatshowever. What
> are we supposed to look for?

I put it there for two specific people to pull for testing for a
specific problem which I had (I hope) fixed. I suppose I should have put
something in the README, but I forgot. I was expecting the "for-testing"
in the name to put off people who were just looking for a release
version. I have now added a sentence to the README file in the
distribution directory about files containing "for-testing" in their
names.

> Exim 1.622 handles my local mail exemplary. If you get this message remote works
> too.

Additional testing is no bad thing! I don't mind who uses these testing
releases, as long as they realize they *are* testing releases.