Re: Must be the machines in the States :)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Alan Barrett
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Must be the machines in the States :)
On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Alan Barrett wrote:

> A useful compromise is to put the "#" in column 1, with white space
> between "#" and "define"/"if"/whatever. I don't recall ever encountering
> a C compiler that didn't like that.

But Exim uses other features of ANSI C, so it does need an ANSI C
compiler, and so I don't think you gain much by mangling the source that
way. I took a conscious decision to write it in ANSI C. Heck, ANSI C has
been defined for nearly a decade, hasn't it? Oh, perhaps not quite; I
think it was 1989 (but compilers were tracking it before then). Still,
pretty well all compilers today accept it.