Re: Must be the machines in the States :)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Allen Gwinn
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Must be the machines in the States :)
On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, Allen Gwinn wrote:

> Well, here is the final moments before the bomb on a DEC Alpha 3000/300LX
> with OSF 3.2 installed. I've not gone troubleshooting. Maybe someone
> else has seen this. h_errno is included with netdb.h ("exim.h" includes
> this)...

I'm just off home, after a hard day's Exim-ing, but one thing is
obvious:

> cc -c    -I. host.c
> /usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Warning: ./macros.h, line 42: Unknown Control
> Statement
>    #define mac_maxfd (sysconf(6) - 1)
>  ---^

This indicates you are running with a non-ANSI C compiler, or with
compiler options that are not set to make it recognize ANSI C. Exim is
written in ANSI C, which permits white space before #defines. I seem to
recall you need to set some option on some OSF compilers to make them
ANSI-compliant...

Regards,
Philip

(back tomorrow)