Re: mailing list observations

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: mark david mcCreary
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: mailing list observations

>8,000 names in *one* message? Phew!

Yes, this is Ovi's World of the Bizarre, a weekly collection of strange but
true stories from around the world (to subscribe, send a blank message to
ovi-on@???). I started delivering it for him last year from my
Macintosh. However, it is growing more quickly than I would like, and my
mac does not handle bounces.

>Unless you have changed the max_rcpt option in the smtp transport, this
>must mean there are several hundred aol.com recipients on your list, as
>Exim will pack up 100 at a time into each connection.

About 10% of the list, or around 850 people are at aol.com.

I have not touched the mac_rcpt option. One time I did try receipents_max
in the main configuration, which at that time I thought did roughly the
same thing :-)

I have noticed the same hanging problem with msn.com, prodigy.com, etc.
Based on exiwhat output, is says "just tried machine.domain.com for
xyz@???". However, the msn and prodigy hangs stayed in one queue,
so some of the other 5 parallel runs keep working. Maybe getting the
number of queues above the max number of mx records might help.

Thanks for the quick response and suggestions.

mark

mark david mcCreary
Internet Tools, Inc.            4615 Post Oak Place, Suite 140
mdm@???          Houston, Texas 77027
http://www.internet-tools.com    713.627.9600