Re: Fatal Linux Compile Bug - smtp_in.c

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dr. Rich Artym
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Fatal Linux Compile Bug - smtp_in.c
In message <Pine.SOL.3.96.970421102010.21632S-100000@???>,
Philip Hazel writes:

> There are problems with gdbm if it is compiled in such a way as to do
> its own locking. This then conflicts with Exim's attempts to lock the
> file. I have been sent some patches to overcome this, and am hoping to
> do some work in the general dbm area reasonably soon. (There's a new
> version of Berkeley DB out which also does its own locking...)

Ever since reading the warnings about dbm implementations back in 0.57
and experiencing the effect of too many locking cooks on the Exim broth,
I have always set DBMLIB=-ldb in Local/Makefile, and as a result have
avoided all these problems. I recommend that pragmatic approach to all
Linux folk that are having trouble with gdbm.

Rich.
--
###########  Dr. Rich Artym  ================  PGP public key available
# galacta #  Email   : rich@???         158.152.156.137