Re: linux glibc2.0.2

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Blundell
A: Neal Becker
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: linux glibc2.0.2
On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, Neal Becker wrote:

> Has anyone tried this build yet? I can give it a shot if noone else
> has.

I'm using Linux/glibc2.1, which ought to be fairly similar. There were a
couple of glitches - Exim used to use `errno' as a local variable, which
glibc won't allow (but hopefully all occurrences of this are now fixed in
1.62) and there is some problem that I don't immediately remember to do
with prototypes in libident, for which I haven't managed to come up with a
solution that doesn't involve modifying the libident sources.

Oh, and you may conceivably come to grief with the code to squash IPv4
options. I have this turned off anyway because I'm using IPv6, but I
think last time I looked at it, it seemed like there would be trouble. I
didn't do anything about it at the time because I wasn't sure whether
glibc should perpetuate the old (and apparently broken, if you believe the
comments in that bit of the Exim source) way Linux did this with libc5, or
do something more "standard" (ho ho) which brings its own problems.

Other than that, it seems fine. Incidentally, glibc 2.03 is about to hit
the streets (probably this weekend) so you might want to see if that
changes anything.

p.