Re: BSD vs SYSV: setgroups()

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: BSD vs SYSV: setgroups()
Thanks to everybody that ran the test program. I now have results from
12 OS, and all but FreeBSD and BSDI work correctly with setgroups(0,NULL).
Those two do the right thing with setgroups(1,group), so the test
program still runs correctly.

UNICOS is one odd one out; it succeeds with setgroups(0,NULL), but then
puts back one group on obeying setgid(), which is a hybrid of the other
two behaviours.

The OS I don't know about are AIX, HI-OSF, OpenBSD, OSF1, Ultrix, and
Unixware. However, I think there is enough evidence to assume that all
is now well, so I will release 1.62 shortly.