Re: Connection being lost to remote SMTP server?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Thompson
A: Dr. Rich Artym
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Connection being lost to remote SMTP server?
Rich Artym writes:

> Just a small hint in case you're intending to script up something to
> deal with the problem, or rather, with its symptoms: get the message
> identifiers with "mailq", then use "fuser" on the corresponding -D files
> in spool/input, and pass the returned pids to kill -TERM to release the
> locks. A nice one-liner.

Niggle: other processes could have the -D file open while they were in the
process of finding that they couldn't lock it.

If you have an fcntl(fd,F_GETLK,flock) that sets flock.l_pid then you can
find the offending process that way. I had a Perl script to do this... no,
on inspection it requires too much sanatising before it could be posted. :-)

Chris Thompson               Cambridge University Computing Service,
Email: cet1@???    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
Phone: +44 1223 334715       United Kingdom.