Re: exim daemon pid file?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Thompson
A: ip
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: exim daemon pid file?
Ian Pallfreeman asks

> I need the pid of the exim daemon for various scripts and admin tasks. Does
> it write it anywhere?
>
> If not, can we have a configurable /my/path/exim.pid file (defaulting to,
> perhaps, /var/run?) in the next version, please, Philip?

That's really, really, an RTFM question! Try

$ grep -nw pid spec.txt
1175:  ps -e -o pid,comm
1251:       runners is written to a file called exim-daemon.pid in Exim's spool
1253:       name is exim-daemon.<port-number>.pid. If a daemon is run with only
1258:       It is possible to change the directory in which these pid files are
1361:       names of the directories where log files and daemon pid files are
1364:       log, and pid files are written directly into the spool directory.
1763:       daemon.<number>.pid in Exim's spool directory.
1804:       daemon is written to a file called exim-daemon.pid in Exim's spool
1806:       file is called exim-daemon.<port-number>.pid. The location of the
1807:       pid file can be changed by defining PID_FILE_PATH in Local/Makefile.
1809:       it is added to the pid file name.
9088:called exim-daemon.pid. If it is doing only one of these things, the option

and work from there! The facilities you want are all available.

Chris Thompson
Email: cet1@???