Re: Send to postmaster instead of freezing?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: John C. Ring, Jr.
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Send to postmaster instead of freezing?
On Fri, 21 Mar 1997, John C. Ring, Jr. wrote:

> >No, but you can set freeze_tell_mailmaster which will cause it to inform
> >the postmaster when a message is frozen. You can, of course, re-direct
> >individual messages by hand.
>
> Disappointing, but ah well. I just found auto_thaw; will this cause a message
> of this type to eventually be discarded, or will it simply keep processing
> forever? If it will eventually die in some manner, that's acceptable for now.
> If not, I suppose I'll put the following sh script into my crontab. At least,
> it seems to work :)

Auto-thaw will eventually cause the message to go away.

> while read MSGID; do
>         exim -Mes $MSGID $LOCAL_POSTMASTER
>         exim -M $MSGID

Why are you editing the sender? You may be destroying useful
information. There are many reasons why a message may get frozen.
Sometimes you can fix the problem (user has screwed up a .forward file
or mailbox) and then the message can then be delivered. That's why, on
the whole, they just get frozen.

If it's messages that are frozen because they are delivery failure
reports that can't get delivered that are bothering you, you can set
ignore_errmsg_errors, which will discard such messages instead of
freezing them.