Re: ipv6

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Blundell
A: Glenn Carver
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: ipv6
On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Glenn Carver wrote:

> I'd be grateful if someone could quickly summarise for me exactly what
> ipv6 and it's advantages are. Or point out a web site somewhere.

The only web site I've been able to find (I haven't looked very hard) is

    http://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng/html/ipng-main.html

>From the user's perspective there ought not to be a lot of difference

between IPv6 and IPv4. One big advantage is that the address space is
four times the size, and IPv4 addresses are nearing exhaustion. IPv6 also
includes facilities for encryption and the like.

phil