instant failures???

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Pengar Enterprises Inc. & Shire.Net LLC
A: exim-users
Asunto: instant failures???
Last Thursday or so one remote site that gets sent mail a lot through my
site (exim 1.59) stopped accepting mail from me.

Here is what was happening:

>Here is the log from the MTA (mail transport agent):
>
>1997-03-12 14:36:55 0w4tji-0001I7-00 Remote host mail.pacificnet.net
>[207.171.0.
>250] closed connection after initial connection
>1997-03-12 14:36:55 0w4tji-0001I7-00 == kleigh@???
><kent@???> T
>=smtp defer (-18): Remote host mail.pacificnet.net [207.171.0.250] closed
>connection after initial connection

---

I was trying some test messages today (monday Mar 17) and now the messages
bounce back immediately as failed.

---

A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients. The
following address(es) failed:

  kleigh@???:
    Remote host mail.pacificnet.net [207.171.0.250] closed connection after
initial connection:
    retry timeout exceeded
---

and

---

A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients. The
following address(es) failed:

  kleigh@???:
    retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period
---

These messages came back within a minute of sending an initial message to
the address. How come it doesn't age the failures anymore and keep on
trying? It just gives up after the first check?

thanks
Chad

Chad Leigh              Pengar Enterprises, Inc and Shire.Net
chad@???         info@???        info@???
Full service WWW services from just space to complete sites.
WWW Wholesale including virtual domains.  Tango.  PHP/FI
Email forwarding -- Permanent Email Addresses.  POP3 and IMAP
Email Accounts.  mailto:info@shire.net for any of these.