Re: exim-1.61 on sunos dumps -- problem solved

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Lee McLoughlin
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: exim-1.61 on sunos dumps -- problem solved
After testing just about everything to try and figure out why exim
builds OK on one local machine and works fine, but the build on another
machine gives me an exim that dumps - I have isolated the significant
difference!

My initial thought that it was different versions of GCC was wrong. Nor
was it system libraries, include files, versions of the assembler....

If I link with the gnu 'ld' all is well. If I link with the system 'ld'
exim dumps somewhere inside sscanf() when calling number() !!!!

The gcc I used was built to use the system ld.

I'm guessing that gnu 'ld' is aligning things differently than the
system 'ld' and so allowing the code to work. Which is a bit worrying.

I've only had this problem on Sunos not on either Solaris nor Linux.

--
Lee McLoughlin.                         Phone: +44 171 594 8388
IC-Parc, Imperial College,              Fax:   +44 171 594 8432