Re: How to add new key lookup type?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Chris Harris
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: How to add new key lookup type?
On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Chris Harris wrote:

> We'd like to use exim's from-address rewriting, only instead of looking up
> the addresses in a plain text or dbm file, we'd like exim to call an
> external program which would accept a from address as an arg and return a
> new from address on stdout. (Our ultimate goal is to lookup the name in
> a sql table, but I think making a small shell script driver like I have
> described would be easier than making a full interface to our database.)

Adding a new search type to Exim to do SQL calls is something that has
been previously suggested. If the interface is straightforward, it
shouldn't be too hard, because similar work has already been done for
NIS+. I think it would probably be *more* work to add a "search-type"
that actually called a program, though I guess it could be done.

> Similarly, would it be reasonably easy to make a director driver that
> would call an external program to determine whether or not an address
> could be handled by that director?

Given a "call program" lookup style, you could probably fudge the
"domains" or "local_parts" generic options into handling this.