dbm .v. lsearch

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: glenn
A: exim-users
Asunto: dbm .v. lsearch

I have a question regarding searches. At what point does it become more
profitable to do a dbm search rather than a lsearch? For instance, if
looking up aliases how many entries do you need before a dbm search is
faster?

I'm sure I remember reading in the exim manual that dbm searches are
cached (although I can't find it now) so my gut feeling is that a dbm
search will always be faster regardless.

    Glenn

Dr. Glenn Carver,                              Phone: +44 (1223) 336524
Centre for Atmospheric Science,                Fax:   +44 (1223) 336473
Cambridge University, Chemistry Dept.,           glenn@???
Lensfield Road, Cambridge, CB2 1EW, UK http://www.atm.ch.cam.ac.uk/~glenn/

      "Someone told me that each equation I included in the book
       would halve the sales."
                 Prof. Stephen Hawking, 'A Brief History of Time', 1988.