Re: Minor problem with bounced mail.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alex Sharaz
A: Roger Books
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Minor problem with bounced mail.
In a similar manner, any mail from here that's bounced due to the recipient
being over quota has that persons userid@???
in the message being sent out.

Unfortunately this is NOT the e-mail address seen by the outside world.
I would like to be able to configure the contents of the message going out so
that, if it's an over quota one I can insert the correct e-mail address

Alex

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997 09:20:39 -0500 (EST) Roger Books <books@???>
wrote:

> I'm bouncing mail from over-quota users. Not a big deal except when I
> need to bounce back to someone that gave their username as <> or the
> their is an invalid reply address, is there any way to just discard
> these mail messages? I have someone who is apparently on someones
> binaries mailing list and is also away. His mailbox fills up, then it
> starts filling up my queue. I can't complain to the user because it
> is an invalid address and looks like a mailing list anyway. I've sent
> a message off to the injection point but that is strangely silent.
>
> Roger

Rfc822:A.Sharaz@???
X.400:I=A;S=Sharaz:ou=Computer Centre;O=Hull;Prmd=UK.AC;C=GB
X.500:cn=Alexander Sharaz@ou=Computer Centre@o=University of Hull@c=GB
Sent using Simeon 4.1.1B5 over Win-OS2