Status of 1.60

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: exim-users
Asunto: Status of 1.60
For Information:

I have dropped the shutters on development of Exim version 1.60 and am
about to start revising the documentation. As I know there are people
out there waiting to try the code, I have made another testing version
available as

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-for-testing-1.598.tar.gz

This has only minimal documentation in note form in doc/NewStuff. I'm
sorry if I haven't managed to include your favourite new feature; I will
be continuing to develop after 1.60 has settled down, and if you remind
me gently of anything you are particularly waiting for, I'll try to give
it some priority.

Various earlier intermediate versions are running at some sites, and
1.598 is running on some machines here. However, there have been a lot
of changes, so please treat with caution. In fact, there has been so
much change that I think I'll label 1.60 as "beta" when it finally
arrives. See doc/ChangeLog if you want to know the gory details.

I'd be grateful if anyone who does test 1.598 can let me know how they
get on - I know you'll tell me of the problems soon enough, but it will
give me a warm feeling if you tell me of lack of problems too!

I'm still on course to get 1.60 released towards the end of the month.