Re: "user+stuff" and alias files in exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Henders
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: "user+stuff" and alias files in exim
On Feb 5, ph10@??? (Philip Hazel) wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Alan Barrett wrote:
>
> > How do I do that? I can see how to use suffix matching to enable the
> > alias lookup to succeed, but not how to insert the suffix back into the
> > result.
>
> I guess you need a new option on aliasfile to cause it to expand the
> generated strings. Noted.

If you're changing the aliasfile driver, it would be nice if this
expansion could also work in the following case.

If we have a director like the following.

virtual:
        domains = dbm;/etc/exim/domains,
        driver = aliasfile,
        no_more;
        file = /etc/exim/$domain,
        search_type = lsearch,
        user = mail

I would like to be able to have the alias file /etc/exim/$domain have
lines like the following in it.

user1:    /var/spool/mail/$domain/$user

This would allow for seperate mail spools for virtual user domains which
you could then point a virtual pop server at.

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.