Re: /var/mail dir

Author: Niels Provos
To: Joe Warren-Meeks
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: /var/mail dir
On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, Joe Warren-Meeks wrote:
> Ive just installed exim on an OpenBSD box, and the only way that i
> can get local deliverys to occur is if i make the /var/mail dir
> rwxrwxrwx (Having read the doccos i see that local delivery is done
> under the recepients uid)

You need the permission like that: rwxrwxrt which is a sticky flag for
temporary filesystem I think. You might try a chmod 4777 on
/var/spool/mail.

Regards
Niels Provos =8)

- PHYSnet Rechnerverbund     PGP V2.6 Public key via finger or key server
  Niels Provos
  Universitaet Hamburg       WWW: http://www.physnet.uni-hamburg.de/provos/
  Jungiusstrasse 9           E-Mail: provos@???
  Germany 20355 Hamburg      Tel.:   +49 40 4123-2504     Fax: -6571