Re: Restricting 8-Bit Data sends using exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Alex Sharaz
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Restricting 8-Bit Data sends using exim
On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Alex Sharaz wrote:

> Is there a way of configuring exim NOT to accept 8-bit DATA?
>
> Our PP Hubs are configured not to accept this and I'd like to configure our
> exim hosts in a similar manner

No there isn't. One of the problems is what to do about it. You can't
detect it till during the DATA phase of the SMTP transaction. All you
can then do is send an error reply at the end of the message. I know
from experience that many MTAs out there treat any failure following the
data as a soft error, and they just keep trying again...

How does PP reject such messages?