parsing exim's log files

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Brian Reichert
A: exim-users
Asunto: parsing exim's log files
Howdy, folks-

I've written perl code to unpeel exim's log file, so that I can
extract the state of a message. I have to admit, I could get along
a lot father than I could with qmail ( that was a revealing excercise,
mind you...)

Anyway, I'm having fun reverse engineering the various fields in
the various status lines. Evrtything so far is fairly obvious,
but, as there is no documentation [ that I've found yet] that
document what they are, I have to wait until I've discovered a new
one, then attempt to infer it's meaning.

My latest challange:

I generated this error message while playing with /etc/aliases:

1997-01-27 18:34:56 0vp0Zj-0000tq-00 == bounced@???
D=system_aliases defer (-17): failed to open /etc/aliases for linear search:
Permission denied

I, as a human, can read what this means. But how can I differentiate
this sort of a message, from one prefixed with a 'T='?

( For what it's worth, I like how this code is shaping up. Other
than reading the source to exim, is there a comprehensive list of
what various elements of the messages mean? Clearly there has been
care taken in choosing the 'X=' delineators... )

--
Brian Reichert                        The Internet Company
617-547-3600 x161                    96 Sherman Street