Re: Headers

Author: David.Osborne
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Tom Samplonius, exim-users
Subject: Re: Headers
Philip Hazel writes [20 Jan 1997 10:05:17 GMT]:

> Yes, Exim will remove Sender headers from any locally generated message
> unless it comes from a trusted user who sets a sender with the -f option
> (or via a "From " header). Then, if it finds that the From: header
> doesn't match the actual sender, it will generate a new Sender: header.
> At least, that is how is it supposed to work. Let me know if it isn't
> doing that!

Exim is working fine: it was my modified Majordomo "resend" script which
wasn't! I'd hacked it to work with PP's sendmail replacement, which doesn't
support the -f option, then overlooked changing it back when I switched to
exim. After reinstating the use of -f to set the from address, it's now
working. Sorry I didn't spot this before mailing the list.

David