Re: Inverse of sender_reject

Author: Phil Radden
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: Inverse of sender_reject
On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Philip Hazel wrote:
> [I wrote:]
> > This is something that we would also find useful, the ability to only
> > accept mail from behind our firewall when the sender has our domain
> > correctly. At least then the students can only fake local addresses...
>
> What do you need that is not supplied by sender_verify?

The ability to ensure that locally originated mail has the sender as a valid
*local* address; doesn't sender_verify check that the sender is a real email
address (SMTP VRFY), which could be from anywhere? Or have I completely
missed the point here?

--
pjcr@???                     Brockenhurst College Remote System Admin
Brockenhurst, Hampshire, SO42 7ZE     +44 1590 623565 x255   +44 1223 3 34480