Re: Inverse of sender_reject

Author: Phil Radden
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: Inverse of sender_reject
On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Alex Sharaz wrote:
> I have a requirement to accept mail from user based upon the domain part
> of the e-mail address sent in the Mail From Command.
>
> Basically we have mail clients that generate valid e-mail addresses of
> the form a.n.other@??? which I'd like to let through our exim
> mailer.
>
> What I don't want to allow is mail through from some of the students that
> are playing with windows 95 and are generating their own e-mail addresses
> .. and getting them wrong..

[snip]
> e.g. sender_accept = "ucc.hull.ac.uk:dcs.hull.ac.uk:......"

Presumably it would also be necessary to specify the domains from which
incoming SMTP connections get validated in this way.

This is something that we would also find useful, the ability to only accept
mail from behind our firewall when the sender has our domain correctly. At
least then the students can only fake local addresses...

--
pjcr@???                     Brockenhurst College Remote System Admin
Brockenhurst, Hampshire, SO42 7ZE     +44 1590 623565 x255   +44 1223 3 34480