Re: List Server?

Author: m.hampson
To: liaison
CC: exim-users, m.hampson
Subject: Re: List Server?

> Would anyone care to reccommend a high-volume list server for use with Exim > (Majordomo, Listproc etc)? Is there a "cook book" solution for integrating the
> list server into Exim?

I'm using majordomo to great effect. Integrates as it would with sendmail
however there are thing to tweak in exim that greatly speed up transit
times.

For example - I queue_smtp to gather a bunch of messages together and I use
remote_max_parallel = 10 and queue_run_max = 5 to give it some throttle.

I also use delay_warning = 0h to stop bugging list managers about delayed
messages.

Martyn
   | Martyn Hampson          |    Tel:    0171 594 6973                 |
   | Imperial College        |    Fax:    0171 594 6958                 |
   | Computer Centre         |    E-Mail: M.Hampson@???            |
   | London SW7 2BP, ENGLAND |    "Don't just do something, sit there!" |