著者: Max Caines
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: What are local deliveries?
At 09:32 22/01/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Ah. Terminology problem. "Local delivery" means "delivery via appendfile
>or pipe"; "remote delivery" means "delivery via smtp". Because emil is a
>pipe transport, the delivery is local as far as Exim is concerned - it
>is not connecting to a remote machine in order to do the delivery.

OK. Does that mean that the retry rule I quoted applies to all such
deliveries? That is, after retrying till the cutoff period, all such
deliveries will get only one attempt.

>What you should probably do is to set up a special retry entry that
>lasts for more than 4 days before going into the "expired" state. Then
>Exim wouldn't start bouncing things.

In fact that's what I have done now. It would still be useful to know what
to expect afetr a prolonged downtime.

|  Max Caines                  |  M.B.Caines@???              |
|  Technical Services Manager  |  JANET: M.B.Caines@???       |
|  Computer Centre             |  Phone: 01902 322245               |
|  Wolverhampton University    |  Fax: 01902 322777                 |