Re: Possible problem with -q cmdline switch?

Author: itudps
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: Possible problem with -q cmdline switch?
> It's possible that "-bd -q" is also nonsensical in the sense that Exim
> ignores the -q. I'll check and either fix or complain. "Start up the
> daemon but do just one queue run" doesn't seem a useful combination to
> me...

I just did it that way because I didn't read the documentation carefully
enough. I have just revisited it and it seems like -q by itself is
probably something you would use for a one-off test, to see if some stuck
messages are going to get cleared this time, or something.

My (incorrect) thought was that you used -q <time> for a busier site and
for a tiny site you used -q alone, which would maybe save resources or
whatever.

--
 Dan Shearer                            email: Dan.Shearer@???
 Information Technology Unit            Phone: +61 8 302 3479