著者: Philip Hazel
To: David.Osborne, Tom Samplonius
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: Headers
On Fri, 17 Jan 1997 David.Osborne@??? wrote:

> The Sender field prefixed by "*" is what Majordomo generated (it should be
> fully-qualified). Why is there another, prefixed by S? The sender should be
> the list-owner, who needs to know about delivery failures for addresses in
> their list, not majordom (which comes to me).

The * headers are old ones which have been discarded, but which are
retained in the spool file for debugging purposes.

> Can I get exim to fully-qualify a Sender address with ${primary_hostname} ?

It should qualify sender addresses with $qualify_domain.

On Fri, 17 Jan 1997, Tom Samplonius wrote:

> Looks kinda like a trusted user problem. It seems that "majordom"
> should be added to the list of trusted users (see docs), so that majordomo
> can set the sender to anything it wants.

Yes, Exim will remove Sender headers from any locally generated message
unless it comes from a trusted user who sets a sender with the -f option
(or via a "From " header). Then, if it finds that the From: header
doesn't match the actual sender, it will generate a new Sender: header.
At least, that is how is it supposed to work. Let me know if it isn't
doing that!