Network problems.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: m.hampson
A: exim-users
Asunto: Network problems.

On Friday (17th Jan) we noticed that the main incoming exim mail relay
at Imperial started to reject connections - well what actually happened
was that the connection was made but we never got the smtp transactions
starting.

After a while I rebuild exim, increasing the number of SMTP listens from 5
to 20. This kind of solved the problem, it still happened, but much less
often. With this number of listens it also became clear what was going
on - lots of connections where hanging in SYS_RECV state. Tracerouting
those connections pointed them all to a part of the US backbone that was
having routing problems.

It may be a good idea to increasing the number of listens from 5. I agree
that this cannot solve such a problem in all cases, but it certainly seemed
to help a lot in this case.

Views anybody?

Martyn
   | Martyn Hampson          |    Tel:    0171 594 6973                 |
   | Imperial College        |    Fax:    0171 594 6958                 |
   | Computer Centre         |    E-Mail: M.Hampson@???            |
   | London SW7 2BP, ENGLAND |    "Don't just do something, sit there!" |