Possible problem with -q cmdline switch?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: itudps
A: exim-users
Asunto: Possible problem with -q cmdline switch?
I have a very simple and low-volume test site for exim, so I thought I'd
start up exim with params "-bp -q". However, it seemed to sometimes give
up after the first attempt at delivery, even though the default retry rule
was in exim.cf, which specifies a scheme lasting up to 4 days.

I noticed in spec.txt it says "the -q option is not followed by a time
value, it requests a single queue run operation. Exim starts up a delivery
process for each (inactive) message on the queue, and waits for it to
finish before starting the next one." This didn't seem to preclude
multiple retries in theory. (I also had auto thaw set to 3600s, but the
messages in question weren't being frozen anyway - just had one
"Connection refused" and sat there forever.)

Restarting exim made no difference. However as soon as I started exim with
"-bp -q 10m" they zoomed off straight away.

Anyone know what I am misunderstanding?

--
 Dan Shearer                            email: Dan.Shearer@???
 Information Technology Unit            Phone: +61 8 302 3479