Virtual Domain "default address"

Author: Jawaid Bazyar
To: exim-users
Subject: Virtual Domain "default address"
I have a number of virtual domains set up, and handle email service to
them. I currently use a custom script I wrote, and fire up this script to
handle all incoming mail for these virtual domains. My script handles the
concept of a "default" user - all email to the domain that doesn't match a
specific user gets sent to the default user, so instead of bouncing,
someone gets the mail. For small organizations this is ideal.

However, my script is apparently unable to deal with multiple recipients on
the "To" header line, and various other oddball messages. Rather than
rewrite exim in perl (which is where I was headed), I decided to try out
the virtual domain examples in the exim manual.

I am now testing the following configuration:

(transports)
unknownuser_pipe:
driver = pipe;
command = "/usr/exim/bin/exim default@${domain}",
ignore_status,
return_output,
user = nobody

(directors)
nvirtual:
domains = lsearch;/usr/exim/cust_domains,
driver = aliasfile;
# no_more;
file = /usr/exim/virtual/$domain,
search_type = lsearch

unknownuser:
domains = lsearch;/usr/exim/cust_domains,
no_more,
no_verify,
driver = smartuser,
transport = unknownuser_pipe;

This seems to work. What I'm interested in is finding out if there's a way
to bounce to the default user without piping out to exim. I.E., there would
be some (presumed) command under the "unknownuser" director that would
re-target the mail to default@${domain}.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Jawaid

--
 Jawaid Bazyar              |   Affordable WWW & Internet Solutions
 Interlink Advertising Svcs |   for Small Business        (888) HYPERMALL