著者: Christoph Lameter
To: tom
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: Paniclog contents?

> 1997-01-10 09:34:24 select() or accept() failed: Network is unreachable
> 1997-01-10 09:34:29 select() or accept() failed: Network is unreachable
> 1997-01-10 09:34:34 select() or accept() failed: Network is unreachable
>
> Why would exim panic on these conditions?

     Serious network problems are kinda of a big problem...

We deliver messages all over the world. This is a common occurrence.
Exim needs to panic on real problems not just because a connection dropped!
Those messages belong into the main log.

> Also yesterday our T1 was down and we rigged up a modem link to exchange
> e-mail. Exim repeatedly simply quit when trying to process mail. There
> were a huge number of incoming connections. Is there any limit on those?

     What does "quit" mean?  Exim will accept a limited number of connections
   (I believe 20 is the default) at a time, and then turn away additional
   connections.

How can I increase the limit? I want at least 100 simultaneous connections.

The problem was that Exim after delivering some messages did not again pick up
listening to the SMTP port. The "exim -bd" process was simply gone for good.