Re: LF without CR - opinions sought

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Ilya Ketris
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: LF without CR - opinions sought
On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, Ilya Ketris wrote:

>    Let's make this kind of liberal behaviour an option,
>    which is not on by default in order to draw the
>    postmaster's attention to nonconformant sites, and maybe
>    let them know that talking their broken dialect of SMTP

(1) The problem is that the symptom is seen as a timeout, easily
overlooked in the midst of many other types of timeout.

(2) I've brought this to the attention of people discussing SMTP, and it
has been stated there that there are thousands of servers that just send
\n at the ends of lines.

(3) I feel therefore, that Exim has to accept \n by default. I therefore
don't think it's worth inventing an option, as nobody will bother to
turn it off!