Re: Testing help needed; Christmas break

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Niels Provos
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: Testing help needed; Christmas break
On Mon, 23 Dec 1996, Philip Hazel wrote:
> I've done the work to allow Exim to handle negative uids and gids, for
> the benefit of AIX.

[...]
> it behaves as it should with regard to uids and gids. I'd particularly
> like it to be tested on a system that can handle negative values - my
> Solaris system refuses to handle them. Niels has offered to do this, but
> more than one tester can't do any harm...

Just came back from a week in Cyprus :-) and thus the delay.
Exim 1.594 compiles for AIX 3.2.5 and AIX 4.1.4 out of the box and also
seems to handle the nobody user with negative uid now. It starts and
delivers mail without any problems. Where as before it complained about a
non existing nobody user.

Only the exim_install would need other variables for the user defined
commands since it seems that at least "$cp" gives a predefined value on
AIX 4.1.4 and thus causes an error message with the install script.

A Happy New Year
Regards
Niels Provos =8)

- PHYSnet Rechnerverbund     PGP V2.6 Public key via finger or key server
  Niels Provos
  Universitaet Hamburg       WWW: http://www.physnet.uni-hamburg.de/provos/
  Jungiusstrasse 9           E-Mail: provos@???
  Germany 20355 Hamburg      Tel.:   +49 40 4123-2504     Fax: -6571