locally_caseless

Author: Tim Cutts
To: exim-users
Subject: locally_caseless

I am currently being bitten by a problem with this; there is an account on
my system which does not have a lower case name (it's an acronym for a
research group). By default, exim fails to deliver to it because it lower
cases the local part before processing.

I don't want to switch locally_caseless off; it's quite useful. However,
it seems to me that there ought to be an option to first try processing
the local part verbatim, and then lower-case it and try again if that
fails. I am not aware of such an option at present. Comments?

Tim.

Dept. of Biochemistry                                 Tel: +44 1223 333596
Tennis Court Rd.
Cambridge, CB2 1QW, UK