ampersand in GECOS field

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Brian Reichert
A: exim-users
Asunto: ampersand in GECOS field
Howdy-

A behavior I've noted with other MTAs is to treat ampersands in
the GECOS field as magic. By magic, I mean that it it replaced
with the username field, with a first character in uppercase.

To wit (as I'm sure I'm not explaining myself well):

    joe:*:7771:2108:& Smith:/usr/home/joe:/bin/csh

would get 'Joe Smith' in the 'From' line of a message.

I don't even know if this is formally a feature, but the other two
MTAs (sendmail included) that I've been exploring _do_ do this.
But my question is: does exim support this? It doesn't seem to
'out of the box', and I can't find a configuration option that
would affect it.

Any pointers?