著者: Philip Hazel
To: Tim Cutts
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: delivery timeouts
On Fri, 3 Jan 1997, Tim Cutts wrote:

> I think displaying all
> the messages is the sensible behaviour, I'm just not sure that the
> asterisk is the right character to use to flag undelivered messages. why
> not use something like 'U' for 'undelivered' or 'P' for 'pending', or even
> an entire word or phrase. There's usually enough space on these lines for
> this. You might even have enough space to give a short description of the
> routing/delivery problem.

I'm leaning towards making it 'D' for "delivered" or "done". Giving a
short description of the problem isn't in general easy. There may be n
different hosts the message could be sent to, each giving a different
error. For example, one says "connection refused", another times out,
and a third says "421 too busy". For big sites like aol this isn't an
unusual scenario.