著者: Philip Hazel
To: Christoph Lameter
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: delivery timeouts
On Wed, 1 Jan 1997, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> I have the following queue on my main mail server. Is exim really able to
> delivery mail to mailing list? It seems that mail was not delivered to a
> huge list of people because ONE address cannot be delivered to:
>
> 31h 0vf6Z7-00087o-00 <digiboard-request@???>
> * JORCHARD@???

<snip>

I know that you have already received the answer to this, which is that
those addresses that are starred have already been delivered. The
question is, should a change be made to Exim? When I wrote it, I thought
it would be useful to show all addresses, indicating those which had
already been dealt with. It seems that this can be misunderstood. On the
other hand, I have a feeling that showing only the outstanding addresses
could equally easily be misunderstood - "I sent a message to three
people and it only shows one of them". Does anyone on this list hold
strong views either way?