Re: NFS Problem in Kernel 2.0.27: inode status not updated

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Piete Brooks
A: Christoph Lameter
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: NFS Problem in Kernel 2.0.27: inode status not updated
> MUAs use lock file based locking under Linux

Not all ..... :-(

> which is the standard because of the NFS troubles.

Err -- forgive me if I'm wrong, but the impression I get is that the algorithm
based on hitching posts which at least some MUA/MTAs have been using under
Linux do not work with any existing kernels ...

Do you mean "because of the lack of lockd" ?
It's the NFS problem (fix in pipeline) which is causing hitching posts not to
work ...

> Does BSDI now have lockd?

Pass -- don't have any BSDI systems....
Only Linux, DEC Unix, DEC Ultrix, HP-UX, IRIX, SunOS 4 and SunOS 5.