Re: NFS Problem in Kernel 2.0.27: inode status not updated

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Piete Brooks
CC: Christoph Lameter, exim-users
Subject: Re: NFS Problem in Kernel 2.0.27: inode status not updated
On Tue, 31 Dec 1996, Piete Brooks wrote:

> Can any hitching post users (other than Linux -- are there any ?) comment on
> whether hitching post locks work between different hosts (both NFS clients) ?

I haven't turned off the use of lock files on the Central Unix Service,
though of course Exim uses lockf locking as well. I don't know what all
the various MUAs use, but we haven't had any complaints. Mail is
delivered by either of two Solaris 2 systems into a partition that
resides on an FAServer machine. So all access to mailboxes is via NFS.