Re: Exim & Cyrus

Author: Piete Brooks
To: Tom Samplonius
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Exim & Cyrus
> local_delivery:
>     driver = pipe;
>     command = "/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver ${local_part}",
>     return_path_add,
>     return_output,
>     prefix = "",
>     user = cyrus

>     Child process of local_delivery transport returned 75 for command /usr/cyrus/bin/deliver ${local_part}

> The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:
>
> ------ dave@??? ------
>
> dave: Over quota
>
> ------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Since it was first introduced, I've been trying to get PH10 to make
return_output useful, but I don't think I've yet succeeded ...
What it should mean is "if the command fails, return any output it produces".
What it currently means is "if there is any output, it is an error" :-(
[[ And who said PH10 hasn't entered the spitit of UN*X ? :-)) ]]

return_output

    Type:    boolean
    Default: false

    If this option is true, and the command produced any standard output,
    the delivery is deemed to have failed, and the output is returned in
    the delivery error message. This facility can be used, for example, to
    return information to the senders of messages addressed to non-existent
    users. However, if the message has a null sender (i.e. it is a delivery
    error message), output from the command is discarded.