Do any US exim users know of this other EXIM ? :-))

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Piete Brooks
A: exim-users
Asunto: Do any US exim users know of this other EXIM ? :-))
Boy, this is a weird one... they seem like they're on the level, but why
spam and why the weird restrictions?

Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 14:37:50 -0600
From: John Lindsay <jlindsay@???>
To: peter@???
Subject: special list we need

We have an interest in sending a short one pager to an e-mail list. List
must not contain any addresses from Canada and USA, UK, Western Europe.

Ideal locations would be Philippines, Singapore, Australia, Taiwan,
Indonesia, India, Kenya, South Africa, Egypt, Malta, Crete, Cyprus,
Russia, Eastern Europe, Turkey, Pakistan, Sri Lanka,
Latin America in particular any that have accessed any north American
www sites.

Priority industry targets: banks, lenders, finance, electrical
utilities, industrial import/export firms,
heavy industry, waste technology.

5,000 addresses would be ideal for a start. If we got as 2% response
rate we would be very happy but targeting is very important because what
we want to sell is industrial equipment. We will attach a url address in
the one pager that allows people to get more info.

Can you deliver? At what cost?

Best regards
John Lindsay

sample letter attached

Dear sirs;

Our firm represents a small energy equipment producer that wishes to
establish a joint venture in your country.

All capital for the project ($9million USD) will be supplied provided a
local bank guarantees repayment to EXIM Bank (USA) or EDC Bank (Canada).

Local energy utility company that provides electricity and heat must be
the local joint venture partner.

Equipment package creates heat and electricity for about 20,000 people.
Uses municipal garbage (also peat, animal manuer, wood wastes, plant
wastes) as a fuel. Garbage is gasified, no harmful emissions, no ash.
Creates employment for 40 people. Very profitable for local energy
company.
Plant will gasify 100,000 tons of garbage per year. Will produce
600,000 litres of fresh water per day. Total heat/electrical output is
10MWh.

Our firm will arrange finance and project mangement for turnkey
operation for local energy utility firm.

Canadian partner in Joint Venture will take 5% of sales revenue as
royalty technology payment.

Please forward this message to parties (your bank investment officers
and local energy firm) you feel would have an interest in this proposal.
--
John Lindsay, F.L.M.I., M.B.A.
General Manager, MacDonald Consulting, Business Navigators Tel & Fax