Re: Fallback Host

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Christoph Lameter
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Temas antigos: Re: Fallback Host & smartlist integration problems
Asunto: Re: Fallback Host
On Mon, 23 Dec 1996, Philip Hazel wrote:

ph10 >> I have tried the following configuration file. But when trying to deliver
ph10 >> a test message to a system that does not support mail (there is nothing on
ph10 >> port 25!) I still get an exim process that is hanging around for 15
ph10 >> minutes before giving up and giving the message to the mail router.
ph10 >
ph10 >If a system is up and running, but not listening on port 25, it should
ph10 >given an immediate "connection refused". A 15-minute delay suggests a
ph10 >different problem. If the system is switched off, the attempt to connect
ph10 >to it will fail. In the current release of Exim, you get your system's
ph10 >default time limit on the connect() call. I don't know about other
ph10 >systems, but on Solaris 2.4 this time is around 3.3 minutes. In the next
ph10 >version of Exim there is a configuration option to specify a shorter
ph10 >timeout for connect().

The logs show an immediate "connection refused" gotten by exim. But then
exim hangs on for some reason for a long time (Linux 2.0.27) until it
gets a timeout. Could it be made configurable that a connection refused
immediately results in abandoning delivery attempts in favor of the
fallback host?

PGP Public Key = FB 9B 31 21 04 1E 3A 33 C7 62 2F C0 CD 81 CA B5