Testing help needed; Christmas break

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: exim-users
Cc: Niels Provos
Asunto: Testing help needed; Christmas break
I've done the work to allow Exim to handle negative uids and gids, for
the benefit of AIX. I've tested everything I can thing of, but as this
has caused a lot of fiddling with various bits of code, I would be most
grateful if a few other people could compile a test version and see if
it behaves as it should with regard to uids and gids. I'd particularly
like it to be tested on a system that can handle negative values - my
Solaris system refuses to handle them. Niels has offered to do this, but
more than one tester can't do any harm...

I have also made a small change that might reduce the number of defunct
processes, following discussion on the list. Having recently learned
that SIG_IGN and SIG_DFL are not in fact the same thing for the SIGCHLD
signal, at least on some systems (despite what some man pages say), I've
changed SIG_DFL into SIG_IGN in the process that accepts incoming SMTP
messages. This should mean that the delivery subprocesses it spins off
will never become defunct, but just go away when they complete. If
someone who is seeing lots of defunct processes would like to see if
this makes any difference, I'd be grateful for feedback on that one too.

I have put the testing version of Exim in

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-for-testing-1.593.tar.gz

There are quite a few other changes as well as those described above.
The main documentation has not been updated, but the ChangeLog and
NewStuff files say what has been done and describe new features. There
are still quite a number of things I want to get done before releasing
1.60.

Finally, I'm not going to be around for the rest of this week, and only
sporadically at the start of next. Back to full-time on January 2nd.

A Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to you all.

Philip