Re: IP as MX - should mail be delivered.

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: John Henders, exim-users
Asunto: Re: IP as MX - should mail be delivered.
One thing that was shown by the quoted examples is that all the IP targets
of MX records had a trailing making them broken as IP addresses.

To specify them in bind input files you either need to add a trailing dot
(making them broken), or leave it off, meaning that bind will helpfully
add the current origin (normally the zone name) to the address.

So in either case they will be broken as IP addresses.

If sendmail is working around this, then this lowers my opinion of that
mailer further :-)

I cannot imagine qmail supporting this (but daren't ask :-) ).

There is no way we want to support this. Scanning logs for examples and
telling someone that its broke might be useful. I guess a log processing
tool that finds silliest errors might have its uses.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]