no nobody user

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Niels Provos
A: exim-users
Asunto: no nobody user
HellO!

We are runnin exim-1.59 on AIX 3.2.5 and having some problems on how
the user nobody is handled on AIX:
nobody:!:4294967294:4294967294::/:

readconf.c:
      /* Look up a fixed uid, and also make use of the corresponding gid
      if a passwd entry is returned and the gid has not been set. */

      case opt_uid:
      pw = direct_finduser(sptr, &uid);
      if (uid < 0)
        log_write(LOG_PANIC_DIE, "Exim configuration error:\n"
          "  user %s, referred to in line %d, "
          "was not found", sptr, config_lineno);

So the error log always says:
1996-12-19 09:28:02 Exim configuration error:
user nobody, referred to in line 48, was not found

Perhaps that could be changed to return errors in pw instead returnin
errors in uid.

I am also getting segfaults on forced deliveries:

    if (!one_msg_action)
      {

>>    for (j = msg_action_arg; j < argc; j++) if (!mac_ismsgid(argv[j]))

        {
        fprintf(stderr, "exim: malformed message id %s after %s option\n",
          argv[j], argv[i]);
        return EXIT_FAILURE;
        }
      break;   /* Remaining args are ids */
      }

When I step per hand with gdb it fails in that line and the function it
segfaults on is:
#0 0xd00c4a00 in free_y ()

Perhaps you know what to further investigate there.

Regards
Niels Provos =8)

- PHYSnet Rechnerverbund     PGP V2.6 Public key via finger or key server
  Niels Provos
  Universitaet Hamburg       WWW: http://www.physnet.uni-hamburg.de/provos/
  Jungiusstrasse 9           E-Mail: provos@???
  Germany 20355 Hamburg      Tel.:   +49 40 4123-2504     Fax: -6571