Re: relay problem again

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Neal Becker
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: relay problem again
On Tue, 17 Dec 1996, Neal Becker wrote:

> OK, what am I doing wrong?
>
> 1996-12-16 12:47:06 refused relay (host) to ctaylor@??? from <karen.elmore@???> H=smtpgw.cws.comsat.com [134.133.176.130]
>
> configure says:
>
> sender_host_accept_relay = *.comsat.com
> sender_address_relay = *comsat.com
>
> That's all it says in configure regarding relay.
>
> Since smtpgw.cws.comsat.com should match sender_host_accept_relay, why
> is it rejected?

Minor point: 134.133.176.130, when looked up in the DNS, gives
misnt1.cws.comsat.com, not smtpgw.cws.comsat.com. However, that should
also match *.comsat.com.

Apart from that, I don't know what is going on. I have fixed two buglets
for 1.60 that might remotely be relevant, but I don't actually think
they are:

9. Sender_address_relay wasn't working for non-regular expressions in cases
where the sender was a local address that got rewritten such that the local
part changed its length.

29. Fixed obscurish bug in the code for scanning colon-separated strings. If
a loop was exited in the middle, and the next string to be scanned was in
fact NULL, then the remainder of the old string got scanned instead. Various
odd effects resulted.

Have you got any more evidence, such as the output of -d9?