Re: Exim sometimes failes on restart

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Exim sometimes failes on restart
} On Tue, 10 Dec 1996, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
}
} > I am still seeing the problem sometimes where exim appears not to restart
} > the SMTP server when sent a HUP - ie exim appears to be running fine, but
} > now nothing is listening to the SMTP port.
}
} What does the Exim log say?

Not a sausage....

The
    pid 568: SIGHUP received: re-exec daemon
is there.  However the (normally) following
    exim daemon started: pid=21231, -q15m, listening for SMTP on port 25

was missing.

No other log had anything in it.

Is exim trying to bind to the SMTP port and finding something there
already??

} This isn't a Solaris 2.4 system by any chance? We had to put a patch on
} that to fix a system problem that caused this (TCP/IP connections left
} hanging around in half-cocked state when they shouldn't be).

No, its a linux box! Very recent kernel, more patches than a quilt...
well there is a syn attack patch in the main network set, everything else
is rather more general.

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]