Re: Headers

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Michelle Dick
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Headers
Piete wrote:
> > The problem in this case is that SmartList does add some Resent-
> > headers, but not a Resent-To: header. Bad for mailing lists since
> > then all the recipients get listed in everybody's email.
>
> You could alweays use a group list ....

Actually, there is one very big advantage to using the choplist
feature of Smartlist (i.e. calling sendmail directly, feeding it
addressees on the command line). There is absolutely no way anyone
can send mail to the list addressees without going through Smartlist
(and its filters, optional moderation, etc). This is because the
distribution list is nowhere linked to a mail alias. Just as Philip
fights spam email globally, I fight to keep it off my mailing
list. :-)

SmartList effectively moderates my list, so I don't have to. Or
rather, I only need moderate a small part of it -- the messages it
rejects for posting (because they don't come from an accept list, are
malformed, contain spam-strings, or are too long -- most spams are
long). And with choplist, it is impossible to post to my list members
without jumping through the smartlist hoops. I like.

--
Michelle Dick             artemis@???              East Palo Alto, CA