Eximon - big problems with huge input dirs

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: John Henders
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Eximon - big problems with huge input dirs

The main mail server for our parent company lost a root drive today, and
due to a few screwups was offline for most of the day. Thus, our mail
machine, which is one of the MX hosts for all the domains on that server
has built up an input queue of 14000+ messages. It is not a good idea to
run eximon in this situation. After it chewed on the files for about 5
minutes I killed it, and I have no idea how much memory it would have
gobbled if I hadn't,

On the plus side, as I write this I am watching exim deliver all the
queued up messages to the now active mail machine. From 3:43 to
3:46, the number of messages in the input queue has dropped from 11670
to 8748.

--
      Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.